The Baby Decision: How to Make The Most Important Choice of Your Life by Merle Bombardieri, MSW, LICSW (second edition; revised and updated) is is a clear, compassionate guide to making a parenting or childfree decision with confidence. Many women of childbearing age and their partners find it hard to make this life-changing decision. Without a crystal ball, what can you do? Some women say “I like the idea of motherhood, but how do I know I’d really enjoy it? What will happen to my job, my relationship, my sanity?” Or they say, “I’m leaning toward being childfree, but will I be sorry later?”
Merle Bombardieri, MSW, LICSW has been helping people make this decision for over thirty years in her therapy and coaching practice and in her Baby Decision Workshops. With a depth that only a psychotherapist can provide, she shows you strategies for dealing with doubt and ambivalence and uncovering your deepest self-knowledge. Through anecdotes, exercises, guidelines, and checklists, she leads you to your best possible choice.
Imagine the relief of finally cutting through the tangled vines of pros and cons and seeing a clear decision emerge. Merle helps you not only to make a decision but to use it as an opportunity for you and your relationship to grow.
You will learn how to:
- Use dozens of “Secret Doors” exercises to uncover hidden feelings and wisdom.
- Separate your own needs and preferences from societal myths and expectations.
- Give full consideration to the rewards and opportunities of living childfree.
- Talk constructively with your partner even if you disagree.
- Manage work-life balance and keep your relationship strong.
- Make decisions about one-child families, single and gay parenting, fertility and adoption.
- Borrow some of the benefits of the other choice.
- You will also learn how to trust your decision and make the most of it.
- Includes resources and bibliography.
- Bonus section: Preparing your body for a healthy pregnancy.
The Baby Decision releases July 31st, 2016. The Kindle e-book is now available for preorder on Amazon.